17 May, 2009

The week from hell

Well this was quite the week.

The first week of school, and that went surprisingly well. I finished the last of my homework today and have the day off tomorrow from all things math-and-writing. Yay!

Unfortunately on Monday I found out my identity has been stolen. Yep, some bastard is using my SSN + birthdate to open credit cards/loans by pretending to be me. I started the many-month process of repairing this problem and am waiting for the materials to come by mail for me to figure out the full extent of the damages.

Of course, then my student loans didn't disperse properly so I spent hours working on that. Turns out the promissory note filed online got "lost in cyberspace" so I completed another and the loan should disperse in the next few days to cover my tuition for summer.

Wednesday rolled around and my math class still wasn't set up properly to allow me to log in. The "professor" called me to let me know what was happening with this course... He sounds approximately 12-years-old. Not exactly great for my psyche ;) I left work a couple hours early to work on the student loan, identity and school issues. It took me 2 hours to get home due to multiple traffic accidents. Ah, the joys of wasted time.

By Wednesday night things were set up properly for me to log into my math class, where I discovered I had to plow through approximately 500 problems by Saturday. UGH.

The icing on the cake was stumbling off the stairs into the yard and tweaking my knee injury again so I hobbled around the house all day yesterday moaning and feeling sorry for myself.

So praise be, I finished my homework and just finished watching "The Princess Bride" to cheer up after a long week. Now I'm off to sleep and charge my batteries for next week. Wish me luck!

"Inconceivable!"
"You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means."
. . .
"You be careful. People in masks can not be trusted."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How are you feeling this week?

Monique said...

This week is looking better than last week already and it's only Tuesday!!!

How are you feeling?

((hugs))