15 September, 2012

Productivity vs. Senioritis!

Ok so I sent in my graduation application and now I have a BAD case of senioritis. Procrastination is the name of this game. I can't be bothered to do my homework in advance like I normally would, it gets left until the last moment an acceptable job can be done. Of course, I'm conceited enough about my grades that these are not suffering, but I'm not engaging with the material like I should. Rather than my usual zest for learning as much as I can, I find myself doing the minimum necessary to maintain. I haven't yet decided if I want to actually change something about this, or just ride the wave of mediocrity toward commencement.

While my punctuality at school is WAY down, my productivity in other areas is way up! The collies have been getting consistent work and exercise. The house is less of a wreck than usual.

This weekend is a great example. Yesterday I was up at 5, worked dogs in the morning, did homework mid-day, Rye had CU class in the afternoon, trip to the farm to feed and water sheep and chickens, home and everyone got nails clipped and brushed and the car got loaded up for agility.

Today, agility all morning. I haven't been to an agility trial since April and it felt like a vacation! Running Zora was interspersed with a nice long off leash walk for the collies and agility practice for Rye. Mid afternoon I headed up the hill to the farm to work both collies, water and feed sheep and chickens and work on setting up a hay delivery. Then, back to agility for a few hours since Zora had 2 more runs in the late afternoon. Now we're home and I'm blogging when I should be doing homework!

Zora's ribbons for today!


Zora had a lovely day of agility. She is such a great partner. Six attempts, 4 flawless runs with 1st place ribbons. Neither of us was entirely perfect today: I accidentally caused an off-course in one round and she figured I was an optional part of the team for an off-course in another round. That off-course went something like this:

-----
Me:  Come IN, frame!

Zora: [beady eyes gazing adoringly at tunnel under the A-frame while she runs at top speed]

Me: [sees the beady eyes looking the wrong way] ZORA! HERE!

Zora: Yeah, I'll be back in just a sec [speeds through the off-course tunnel with great flair, leaping out of the exit and looking pleased with herself]

Me: Come here. Frame.

Zora: K! [completes AFrame while shrugging shoulders]

elapsed time: ~6 seconds
----

Yep, it was an off-course but I was just laughing at the discussion we had in those few brief seconds. I love having a partner whom I understand. Though we don't always agree, there is always comprehension on both sides.

Rye did some neat stuff on sheep that I've never seen him do before! Very fun! He is changing all the time.

Tomorrow will look a lot like today except with working dogs and unloading a couple tons of hay in the afternoon rather than mid-day and an evening trip to the clinic for Sunday treatments of a sick kitty.

See what I meant about LIVIN' the life? Feeling blessed today.

No comments: